||Studio Gobo are looking for a world class Concept Artist to collaborate with our talented team on our next awesome project. Ideally you will be a generalist conceptual designer versatile in many different art styles and techniques.You will be able to demonstrate exceptional creativity and ability in the areas of creature and character design. In addition, demonstrating versatility in the areas of world, look and feel and tonal pieces will be a distinct advantage.You will be tasked with inspiring the art and design teams with exceptional visualisation work that helps shape the visual direction of our games. Since you will be participating in all phases of the design process, good social and communication skills are a must for this role. Requirements:
- A passion and deep understanding of human and animal anatomy, illustration, conceptual design, colour theory, composition, lighting, art history and various cultures and be able to change and adapt across different genre and media.
- Excellent narrative and illustrative skills.
- A world class portfolio that blows our minds with your ability and talent and sets you apart from the rest.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Painter or similar package of your preference.
- The ability to take a character, creature, prop or environment from early concept all the way through to fully rendered finished quality visualisation.
- Comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to work with direction and take on constructive feedback.
- Excellent creative skills and insight and an ability and passion for research to aid credibility in your work.
- Able to visually communicate ideas and inspire others.
- Ability to work on a pre-defined art-style whilst also a desire to explore new directions.
- Must be a highly self-motivated individual and work closely with the producers on scheduled assignments and appropriate priorities.
- At least 3+ years of professional creative experience in the field of Games, Film, Architecture and / or Industrial Design
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Art / Design / Fine art or similar.
- An excellent personal and professional portfolio.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of design software and techniques.
- Ability to utilise 3d software packages in your workflow is a distinct advantage.
- Effective communication and team-working skills
- A passionate gamer and appreciation for how your work can enhance the player experiences we craft.