||Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in!
The Environment Artist will make a significant direct contribution to the creation of high quality in game art for a AAA console game. This is an opportunity to combine masterful artistry and storytelling with ground breaking technology on a world class project.
- Ability to compose readable, credible and playable levels from existing kit sets whilst also being able to contribute to the art set with new and unique content.
- Planning, organising and executing creative ideas for environmental story telling.
- Light environments both for playability and positive aesthetic choices.
- Set dress levels for playability and visual interest.
- Utilise existing VFX art sets to bring your environments to life.
- Work closely with the Lead Artist & Art Director to deliver content to the aesthetic and technical standards for environment art on the project.
- Contribute and be a vocal participant in regular team meetings, planning sessions, team critiques etc.
- Working in an agile team environment support the project Leads and production teams in all aspects of planning related to work you are responsible for.
- Problem solve and consistently present sound solutions to technical issues related to the creation of real-time game environments.
- A world class show reel demonstrating outstanding environment art and all aspects relating to the creative and technical creation of game environments.
- Possess outstanding skill in level art composition, environmental storytelling, rapid level prototyping and all stages of environment art production through to final rendering.
- Experience in Unreal Engine a distinct advantage.
- Must be experienced in the use of industry 3d Packages 3DSMax, Maya or blender and all current modern graphics packages including, z-brush, substance painter and designer, photoshop and others related to your field an experience.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of creativity and understanding of multiple modelling techniques, texturing, lighting, surfacing and other technical concepts.
- Excellent working knowledge of current console platforms, technical art restrictions and limitations.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills; verbal and written.
- Good technical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to critically evaluate your own and your peers work constructively.
- Aptitude to prioritise one’s own tasks, take full ownership of work and be responsive to deadlines and project priorities.
- A passionate gamer and an eye for current industry benchmarks and trends in word art as it relates to gaming.
- Knowledge of Houdini or procedural tools
- Python scripting knowledge and in particular ability to optimise workflows.
- Knowledge of photogrammetry practices/workflows.
When you join Studio Gobo you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by our in-house chef. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Studio Gobo invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as a Studio Gobo team member.
- Holidays: 20 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus 3 days’ studio closure over the Christmas period, giving a total of 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays.
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays: An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Studio Gobo, to a maximum of 7 extra days!
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Private Healthcare.
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Gobo personal trainer.
- Health and Wellbeing Allowance - £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities.
- Fast Growing Studio – Plenty of room for career advancement
- Industry Conferences Budget – A generous annual studio conferences budget. Many of our employees benefit from attending conferences such as GDC, E3 or SIGGRAPH, THU, Develop etc every year.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Gobo Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Full Chefs Kitchen & Equipment – Free use of our large full-sized chef’s kitchen ideal for whipping up a quick snack or a culinary feast.
- Fresh Home Cooked Gobo Friday Lunch – Our world-famous lunch prepared and served every Friday by our own in-house Gobo chef. Sit, eat and chat with your work colleagues
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day, with a suggestion board for new treats!
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Gobo Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- In-house Social Clubs – There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one you’re invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club – the list goes on and there is always space open for new members!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Spacious Industrial Chic Studio Space – Many visitors comment on what an amazing studio space we have. We’ve invested a lot of time, thought and money into our studio. And we get to work in this space every day. Our working environment makes an incredible difference to our mood and productivity.
- Dogs with Jobs – Studio Gobo is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
- Monthly Studio Social Nights – Once per month the studio plays host to the biggest party in Brighton & Hove (probably). The drinks fridge is open for all. Invite a loved one to join us for food, drinks and anything in an array of board games, Smash Bros tournaments, 10-person Overwatch multiplayer bouts, Beer Pong or even a bit of karaoke.
- Summer Party – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)