||Studio Gobo is looking for an experienced VFX Artist to join the team on an unannounced AAA character action console game.
As a VFX Artist at Studio Gobo, you'll be responsible for producing industry leading VFX for our games. You will be expected to craft everything from in world ambient VFX, explosive and impactful set piece events and gameplay related VFX sequencing as it relates to character interactions and combat. If you believe that inspiring and impactful VFX can bring depth and life to a game and you have a deep appreciation for the artistry behind enhancing the gameplay experience through your work, then we would very much like to hear from you.
- Make a significant and direct contribution to the creation of bespoke, original and industry leading VFX for AAA console.
- Understand the value that VFX can add to all aspects of the player experience.
- Create set piece events, ambient and gameplay related VFX that give each product unique character.
- Partner closely with the technical teams to deliver an efficient, stable, state of the art VFX pipeline and consistently strive for excellence that demonstrates work at the cutting edge.
- Be a champion for VFX and constantly look for opportunities where your work can enhance the game.
- Pre-Visualise and prototype cutting edge VFX techniques.
- Document & communicate clear technical guidelines for VFX creation and real-time implementation to the team.
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative game production technologies and the capabilities/limitations of these technologies as they relate to the project goals.
- At least 2+ years’ production experience as a VFX artist in the games industry working on cutting edge AAA console titles.
- Advanced skills in games development software such as Maya & games engines
- Understanding of shaders and the rendering pipeline as it relates to VFX.
- Understanding of Houdini, a distinct advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of VFX principals and good sense of timing and staging.
- A creative thinker and problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to accept and follow direction, and to collaborate productively with others.
- A VFX reel demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
- An exceptional eye and drive for quality and detail.
When you join Studio Gobo you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by our in-house chef. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Studio Gobo invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as a Studio Gobo team member.
- Holidays: 20 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus 3 days’ studio closure over the Christmas period, giving a total of 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays.
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays: An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Studio Gobo, to a maximum of 7 extra days!
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Private Healthcare.
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Gobo personal trainer.
- Health and Wellbeing Allowance - £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities.
- Fast Growing Studio – Plenty of room for career advancement
- Industry Conferences Budget – A generous annual studio conferences budget. Many of our employees benefit from attending conferences such as GDC, E3 or SIGGRAPH, THU, Develop etc every year.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Gobo Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Full Chefs Kitchen & Equipment – Free use of our large full-sized chef’s kitchen ideal for whipping up a quick snack or a culinary feast.
- Fresh Home Cooked Gobo Friday Lunch – Our world-famous lunch prepared and served every Friday by our own in-house Gobo chef. Sit, eat and chat with your work colleagues
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day, with a suggestion board for new treats!
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Gobo Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- In-house Clubs – There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one you’re invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club – the list goes on and there is always space open for new members!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Spacious Industrial Chic Studio Space – Many visitors comment on what an amazing studio space we have. We’ve invested a lot of time, thought and money into our studio. And we get to work in this space every day. Our working environment makes an incredible difference to our mood and productivity.
- Dogs with Jobs – Studio Gobo is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
- Monthly Studio Social Nights – Once per month the studio plays host to the biggest party in Brighton & Hove (probably). The drinks fridge is open for all. Invite a loved one to join us for food, drinks and anything in an array of board games, Smash Bros tournaments, 10-person Overwatch multiplayer bouts, Beer Pong or even a bit of karaoke.
- Summer Party – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)