Backend Programmer - SUMO NEWCASTLE
Games Jobs - Programming - Anywhere
|Job Title||Backend Programmer - SUMO NEWCASTLE|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Newcastle joined the Sumo Digital family in January of 2018. As a former CCP Games studio, we have a solid history of cutting-edge development, and now with Sumo, a spectacular future of ‘AAA’ game development for some of the biggest and best publishers in the world.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented programmer to join our backend team and to contribute to our AAA games projects. You will design, develop and maintain scalable backend services to support a high number of concurrent users, providing client libraries to allow client-side programmers to interface with these services.
To be successful you will have:
• Strong Python programming skills
• Working knowledge of SQL database programming
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with game designers, including contributing your own ideas into the design process
• Ability to work in a team
• A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• A passion for gaming on PC and/or console
It would be advantageous if you had:
• C++ programming experience
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience with cloud computing platforms, especially AWS
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference b745648a-c3c1-4d13-bde9-efe5cacdfee0.|
|Apply for this job|