Games Jobs - HR / Recruitment - Anywhere
|Job Title||HR Manager|
|Job Category||HR Manager|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo Group is expanding the Human Resources team to provide a fantastic level of support to the business as we continue to grow.
In your role as HR Manager you will work alongside another HR Manager, an L&D Manager and Talent Acquisition Manager. Your responsibility will be for all HR operations for your area of responsibility, including line management of an HR Advisor/HR Administrator to ensure an efficient support service is delivered to the business. You'll partner with Studio Management teams to identify, scope and implement commercial and pragmatic HR solutions in response to business needs, providing HR expertise, advice and management information to Line Management as required.
Within this role you will:
• Provide confidential advice, support and guidance to the Studio Management team via e-mail, telephone and face to face on the application of core HR policies and procedures, Including, but not limited to; contracts & amendments, all types of absence, disciplinary, performance/capability and grievance issues, flexible working and restructures, ensuring you are up to date with current employment law and best practice. Lead the proactive management and resolution of employee relations issues.
• Lead the delivery of Group wide HR initiatives and processes across Sumo Digital Limited and Atomhawk within your areas of responsibility, in accordance with the time frames and budgets specified, including organizational and policy changes, performance review and promotions, succession planning and annual pay reviews.
• Maintain and continue to grow a high quality, efficient, professional HR service – line manage the HR Advisor and HR Administrator.
• Oversee payroll processing on a monthly basis.
• Work closely with the HR Leadership team to create, develop and successfully implement the HR strategic plan, in line with the SDL plan, ensuring everyone is aligned in its vision.
• Take responsibility for leading and/or supporting a range of HR projects, to include reacting to legislative changes, employee engagement initiatives and retention activities.
• Ensure the HR function is legally compliant in all areas of responsibility. Ensure all HR Policies and processes, including the Staff Handbook, are regularly reviewed and communicated, in order to continue to reflect both up-to-date employment law and best practice.
• Working with the L&D Manager, contribute to discussions on training, development and succession planning across the employee population within your area of responsibility.
• Provide support to the wider HR Management team & ensure they are kept up to date will all matters of relevance/importance for your areas of responsibility.
• Identify areas of improvement, opportunity and innovation and discuss with wider HR Management team. Facilitate and implement change as necessary.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of the wider HR team, sharing knowledge, learning and experiences.
• Provide cover when necessary for other members of the HR team.
• Any other duties as required within the Job Holder’s capabilities.
You'll have the following experience:
• Minimum Level 7 CIPD Qualified (or equivalent experience)
• Minimum 5 years Generalist HR experience at a Senior level from within a fast-paced environment.
• Strong knowledge of HR legislation and its application.
• MS Office Experience – Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook.
• HR/Payroll Systems Experience.
• Games industry interest/knowledge/experience an advantage.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||HR / Recruitment|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference db517039-3405-4bdb-994f-c50606830def.|
|Apply for this job|