Junior Programmer - THE CHINESE ROOM, BRIGHTON
Games Jobs - Programming - Anywhere
|Job Title||Junior Programmer - THE CHINESE ROOM, BRIGHTON|
|Job Category||Graduate Programmer|
|Job Description||The Chinese Room has established a reputation as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK. We’re proud to be internationally recognised as pioneers of storytelling with a flair for creating atmospheric, rich and imaginative games.
As a Sumo Digital studio, The Chinese Room is built on passion, on finding amazing people and letting them shine. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon. If this sounds like a place where you’d like to make games, then we’d love to hear from you.
The Role @ The Chinese Room
We’re starting pre-production on an unannounced, original IP game and we’re looking for world-class designers and coders to join this exciting and unique project. If you think this sounds like fun, then we’d love to hear from you.
You’re an enthusiastic team player with an aptitude for problem solving. You understand the basics of computer science and how it applies to games. You’ll likely have recently graduated with top grades or you may have written your own games in your spare time and now want to make those first steps to making it your profession. You’re a great communicator and love working as part of a team where you play an active role in helping shape the game and its development. You’ve got great C++ skills with experience of development in Unreal Engine 4.
Within this role you will:
• Assist the lead coder with implementation of core gameplay
• Work closely with a friendly team of dedicated people
• Work on a wide variety of problems
• Be mentored and assisted by experienced coders
• Assist in planning your own work
We need you to have:
• Have a degree in Computer Science or similar
• Strong coding skills and are proficient in C/C++
• Experience of using Unreal Engine 4
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent debugging skills
• Practical experience with 3D math
You will also need to:
• Write code to specification
• Be able to diagnose and fix logic bugs
• Discuss implementation detail of their own code
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 3f4d59ac-e953-4b20-84f0-59f41299d636.|
|Apply for this job|