Lead Level Designer - SUMO NEWCASTLE
Games Jobs - Game Design - Anywhere
|Job Title||Lead Level Designer - SUMO NEWCASTLE|
|Job Category||Level Designer|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Newcastle joined the Sumo Digital family in January of 2018. As a former CCP Games studio, we have a solid history of cutting-edge development, and now with Sumo, a spectacular future of ‘AAA’ game development for some of the biggest and best publishers in the world.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo Newcastle
We are looking for a talented Lead Level Designer to join us on a new and exciting IP. Aimed squarely at individuals looking for a challenge, this is a fantastic opportunity for those who want to leave their mark on the game while helping to structure a growing department of exceptionally talented designers.
In your new role you will:
• Collaborate with cross-discipline teams to create exciting, innovative and engaging gameplay environments.
• Help develop and evolve the tools, processes, and pipelines that the level design team will use.
• Champion the game’s vision through all stages of development.
• Collaborate with production to plan and deliver the level design workload for the project.
• Use player-feedback and design direction to hone the gameplay experience.
• Mentor and develop less experienced members of the level design team.
• Embody the passion of the design department.
To be successful you will have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good motivational skills and the ability to inspire greatness from your team.
• Extensive knowledge of level design theory.
• A relentless passion for all aspects of gaming.
• A minimum of 3 years‘ experience and shipped at least 1 title in a senior or lead role.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 2a8eb0cd-a8fe-437b-8c83-e3176d9e30f7.|
|Apply for this job|