Lead Sound Designer - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - Sound / Music - Anywhere
|Job Title||Lead Sound Designer - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Category||Audio Manager / Lead|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo We are seeking an experienced, talented Lead Sound Designer to join our growing team and help create incredible games! You will be using our leading-edge facilities to create and implement sound effects in our most exciting projects yet! Working alongside our design, art and code teams you will create and integrate audio as a central pillar of our games. You will take responsibility for driving quality throughout, with involvement in every aspect of audio development from concepting through to final mix. We are passionate about all aspects of audio and this is a great opportunity for an experienced designer who shares that passion and wants to be part of this exciting studio’s future.
Within this role you will:
• Create world-class, original SFX using a range of sound design methods and techniques.
• Work with the Project Audio Director to define and maintain vision.
• Organise regular reviews with the audio team. Provide feedback and identify opportunities for iteration.
• Be a focal point for the Production team.
• Manage contractors and external resource.
• Identify new audio pipelines lead the optimization and refinement of current audio pipelines
• Evangelise. Have audio at the forefront of everything you do, presenting audio interests within cross-discipline feature groups
• Mentor the audio team and embed best practice principles in their work.
We will need you to have experience of:
• Full cycle work experience as an Audio Designer on at least 3 shipped titles
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Advanced working knowledge of Wwise middleware
• Good knowledge of field and studio recording
• Familiarity with Foley recording and application.
• Experience in working with sound to picture.
• Ability to mentor and lead team members
• Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with clients.
• Experience with sprint planning and review
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Well organized and self-motivated
• Strong creative sound design skills
• High technical ability.
It would be great if you also have experience with:
• Current gen console development/production
• Experienced Reaper user
• Comfortable running dialogue sessions
• Experienced working alongside composers to integrate and optimise music
• Experienced in multichannel sound design
• An understanding of current developments in interactive audio
• Working experience of creating UE4 Blueprints or similar visual scripting
• Experienced in project management software such as TFS.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Sound / Music|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 287b2ffc-9578-4cc2-a945-018ad6eff5aa.|
|Apply for this job|