Lead Technical Animator - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Lead Technical Animator - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Category||Technical Animator|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo We have an amazing opportunity for a highly creative Lead Technical Animator to join our Sheffield studio where they will have the opportunity to showcase and grow their skills within a seasoned and proven team. This fantastic opportunity to influence, define and manage the character pipeline of large, genre-defining AAA titles is one not to be missed. It will give the successful candidate an opportunity to join the Sheffield team in the early stages of growth, allowing them to really make a difference and help inform and develop the toolsets and pipelines for the studio. You need to have a wealth of experience and impressive track record backed up by a body of work demonstrating your highly creative approach. A passion for developing intuitive character rigs, innovative animation tools and robust character pipelines is essential. Experience developing in Python, Pymel and Pyside would be ideal. Maya API and 3D maths experience would be a plus,strong problem solving skills are essential. Experienceof in engine character systems in both Unreal/Unity an advantage.
Within this role you will:
• Develop, manage and maintain a class leading character pipeline and toolset.
• Work closely with code, design, character art and animation to help deliver both, engaging gameplay and cinematic performances.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of animation fundamentals, human anatomy and kinesiology.
• Lead responsibilities such as mentoring, scheduling and R&D into new approaches.
• Provide detailed input during the character creation process, from initial concept to final rigging, identifying character performance and functionality requirements.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the pipelines and procedures within the studio as a whole.
We will need you to have:
• Proven industry experience developing character pipelinesfor console and/or PC games with a minimum of 1 published game.
• Evidence of previous games completed in a senior technical animation role.
• A strong demo reel that adequately reflects this experience.
• Solid knowledge of Maya. Max also a plus.
• Scripting, tools and pipeline development using Python, Pymel, Pyside and Maya API. Shotgun API experience a big plus.
• Understanding of character creation process from initial concept to final rigging.
• Experience of FACS and motion capture pipelines highly desirable.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Maintain a keen interest in industry wide developments and advancement in technology to ensure project pipelines stay up to date.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference e25b4fdc-c0a4-4639-adc1-bfe212abf16a.|
|Apply for this job|