Lighting Artist - SUMO NEWCASTLE
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Lighting Artist - SUMO NEWCASTLE|
|Job Category||VFX / Lighting Artist|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Newcastle joined the Sumo Digital family in January of 2018. As a former CCP Games studio, we have a solid history of cutting-edge development, and now with Sumo, a spectacular future of ‘AAA’ game development for some of the biggest and best publishers in the world.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo Newcastle We have an extraordinary opportunity for an experienced Lighting Artist to join an experienced team currently working on an unannounced 3rd person multiplayer action title. The team has a strong idea for the title that is currently in production and needs the expertise of a experienced lighting artist to bring this idea to life.
You will be a core pillar of the art team and help determine the final look and feel of our stunning environments. The ideal candidate will have a strong drive to achieve the agreed vision, and is well versed in working as part of team of experienced artists.
Within this role you will:
• Design and implement lighting for our environments on our current project
• Get involved in lighting of other projects
• Help create pitches for future projects by giving input to the tone of the environments
To be successful you will need to have:
• High levels of knowledge in lighting and colour theory
• Strong abilities in real time rendering and post FX
• Experience of creating and directing level lighting and post FX in a real-time engine
• An understanding of physical shaders and their interaction with lighting and post FX
• A minimum of 3 years of production experience working on AAA games or film.
• Experience in Unreal 4 is advantageous.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 376d4253-1e86-415c-bf97-95f75fb45e4d.|
|Apply for this job|