Environment Artist - THE CHINESE ROOM
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Environment Artist - THE CHINESE ROOM|
|Job Category||Environment Artist|
|Job Description||The Chinese Room has established a reputation as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK. We’re proud to be internationally recognised as pioneers of storytelling with a flair for creating atmospheric, rich and imaginative games.
As a Sumo Digital studio, The Chinese Room is built on passion, on finding amazing people and letting them shine. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon. If this sounds like a place where you’d like to make games, then we’d love to hear from you.
The role @ THE CHINESE ROOM We have an extraordinary opportunity for an Environment Artist to join our experienced team at The Chinese Room in Brighton. You will be a core pillar of the art team and help determine the final look and feel of our stunning environments. The ideal candidate will have a strong drive to achieve the agreed vision, and is well versed in working as part of team of experienced artists.
Within this role you will:
• You will be responsible for creating high quality environment art.
• Have a keen eye for environmental storytelling and a strong ability to communicate ideas and collaborate with a design team.
• Should be able to work well with others
• Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artists & Creative Directors
• Ensure that the artistic style of the game is consistently implemented
To be successful you will need to have:
• Proven track record in at least 1 shipped titles (preferably AAA)
• Excellent 3D art skills
• Excellent compositional skills and all-around artistic expertise and flare
• Expertise in 3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Painter / Designer, Photoshop & other technologies utilised in the production of game art
• Expertise in Unreal Engine 4
• High levels of aesthetic attention to detail.
• Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
• Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
• Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies
• Able to work with a high level of motivation & self-direction.
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Self-motivated and agile
• Have a desire to maintain and keep up excellent file management and clean working files.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 207f7a81-d305-4df9-82ea-a953a86d9791.|
|Apply for this job|