Senior Technical Artist - THE CHINESE ROOM
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Senior Technical Artist - THE CHINESE ROOM|
|Job Category||Technical Artist|
|Job Description||The Chinese Room has established a reputation as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK. We’re proud to be internationally recognised as pioneers of storytelling with a flair for creating atmospheric, rich and imaginative games.
As a Sumo Digital studio, The Chinese Room is built on passion, on finding amazing people and letting them shine. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon. If this sounds like a place where you’d like to make games, then we’d love to hear from you.
The role @ The Chinese Room
We have an extraordinary opportunity for an experienced Senior Technical Artist to join the team here at The Chinese Room.
You will be a core pillar of the art team and help determine the final look and feel of our stunning environments. The ideal candidate will have a strong drive to achieve the agreed vision and is well versed in working as part of team of experienced artists.
Within this role you will:
• Work closely with Art Leads to deliver artistic vision within the project requirements
• Proactively use knowledge and experience to identify & solve problems before they affect the development team
• Implement new techniques that increase the quality and efficiency of the art created
• Help optimise content from the art team to make sure content runs on a wide range of platforms
• Collaborate effectively with both the art and programming teams
• Testing new tools before deployment into production
• Document and knowledge share
• Regularly communicate technical constraints and their reasons to the art team
To be successful you will need to have:
• Must have a minimum of 5 years production working within the games industry
• Proven track record in at least 2 shipped titles (preferably AAA)
• Experience of production level shader work and optimisation within Unreal Engine 4.
• Strong understanding of the creation of shaders within Unreal Engine 4.
• Be highly experienced with blueprints and their implementation.
• High levels of aesthetic attention to detail.
• Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
• Experience with other programs such as Substance Painter / Designer. Zbrush etc
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Coaching skills
• Self-motivated and agile
It would beneficial if you have:
• Experience using 3dsMax as a Technical Artist. Maxscript programming would be viewed positively
• Experience in other scripting and programming languages
• Experience using Houdini
• Experience with data management
• Positive influence and leadership skills
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 5857ef07-1fe1-4258-bad7-497db9f16520.|
|Apply for this job|