Senior Technical Sound Designer - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - Sound / Music - Anywhere
|Job Title||Senior Technical Sound Designer - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Category||Sound / Music|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo We are seeking an experienced, talented Senior Technical Sound Designer to join our growing team and help create incredible games! You will be using our leading-edge facilities to help implement sound effects in our most exciting projects yet! Working alongside our design, art and code teams you will integrate audio as a central pillar of our games. You will take responsibility for driving quality throughout, with involvement in every aspect of audio development from concepting through to final mix. We are passionate about all aspects of audio and this is a great opportunity for an experienced Technical Sound Designer who shares that passion and wants to be part of this exciting studio’s future.
Within this role you will:
• Identify new opportunities for audio systems. Optimize and refine current audio pipelines.
• Work closely with audio coders to help specify, create and troubleshoot features and tools.
• Proactively work with the team to design and develop strategies for implementing sound effects to produce high quality results.
• Establish best-practices for technical audio workflows and ensure the application of this across all games
• Mentor Sound Designers and provide technical audio support.
• Be an advocate for audio. Liaise with the Code department and partner with team members across disciplines to find solutions that support the highest quality audio.
• Review regularly and continually identify opportunities to improve audio quality.
• Ensure sound meets technical requirements of the game, including; voice channel limits, memory management and prioritization.
• Work closely with our talented Audio and Code teams to deliver AAA audio for our games
We need you to have experience with:
• 5+ years in a technical sound designer or relevant experience as a sound designer
• Demonstrable sound design skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and managing tasks.
• Authoritative knowledge of Wwise middleware
• Thorough understanding of audio compression technologies and formats.
• Understanding the foundations of dynamic, frequency, and time-based effects as well as audio synthesis.
It would also be great if you have experience with:
• Reaper / ReaScript
• Unreal Engine 4 / Blueprints
• C, C++
• Visual scripting languages such as Max/MSP, Puredata etc.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Sound / Music|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 364cdad7-fcb3-47e9-a02b-d385c2982373.|
|Apply for this job|