Graphics Programmer - THE CHINESE ROOM, BRIGHTON
Games Jobs - Programming - Brighton
|Job Title||Graphics Programmer - THE CHINESE ROOM, BRIGHTON|
|Job Category||Graphics / Engine|
|Job Description||The Chinese Room have established a reputation as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK. We’re very proud to be seen internationally as pioneers of storytelling with a flair for creating atmospheric, rich and imaginative games. Our titles include the groundbreaking Dear Esther (2012), cult horror Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (2013), the VR fairy-tale So Let Us Melt (2017) and the open-world adventure Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (2015), a Playstation 4 exclusive that won major awards across the world. This included an amazing 10 BAFTA nominations and 3 BAFTA wins.
In 2018, we joined the Sumo Digital family of studios. This new home will see us bring our passion and commitment to creating exciting original games within a network of studios renowned for quality and expertise. This enables us to expand and grow in ambition and confidence, taking our reputation for storytelling into new genres. We’ve already started work on one new title and are in discussions about a significant AAA project.
We’re looking for a very special team of developers, who can combine technical expertise with flair, creativity and the hunger to make world-class games. We’re very proud of our track record in diversity and particularly welcome applications from all corners of the industry to ensure this continues into the next chapter of the studio’s story. The Chinese Room was built on passion, on finding amazing people and letting them shine. If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to make games, then we’d love to hear from you.
The role @ The Chinese Room
Are you an experienced Graphics Programmer looking to make a move to a well established and recognised brand within the industry? Look no further! The Chinese Room is currently looking for an experienced Programmer with a proven track record in developing and improving graphics technology for AAA games projects, with good experience in Unity.
Within this role you will:
• Design and implement new graphical features and effects within Unity based projects
• Collaborate with other internal departments (Art, Design, Audio, QA, etc...)
• Debug complex rendering problems
• Profile and optimise game engine rendering performance
• Improve and extend existing rendering features as needed
• Provide support to the art content and technical art teams
• Profile and optimise of GPU performance and usage
We need you to have:
• Predominantly worked in a graphics role during your career or show a strong skill set in this area
• Ideally around 2 years of experience working on Unity based projects or show a solid knowledge and skill level around Unity
• Extremely strong C# and shader programming skills
• Strong communication skills
• Experience developing for iOS or Android platforms with experience of 3D games.
• An in depth knowledge of current generation GPUs and rendering technologies
• A good understanding of memory management, multi-threading and optimisation
• Strong maths skills, 3D maths in particular
• The ability to learn, test, debug and extend existing engine code
• Worked in a graphics programming role for at least one shipped title using Unity
• Some experience and a working knowledge of C++
• Experience with Unity iOS / Android shaders as apposed to general graphics
• Knowledge of Unity iOS native plug-ins
You would have an advantage if also you have:
• Experience with a range of middleware
• Worked on Unreal Engine 4 or have an understanding of the engine
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 4ca4ce0b-f51d-435f-88e3-72453a7c324c.|
|Apply for this job|