Senior / Lead Programmers (5+ years experience) - THE CHINESE ROOM, BRIGHTON
Games Jobs - Programming - Brighton
|Job Title||Senior / Lead Programmers (5+ years experience) - THE CHINESE ROOM, BRIGHTON|
|Job Category||Lead Programmer|
|Job Description||The Chinese Room have established a reputation as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK. We’re very proud to be seen internationally as pioneers of storytelling with a flair for creating atmospheric, rich and imaginative games. Our titles include the groundbreaking Dear Esther (2012), cult horror Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (2013), the VR fairy-tale So Let Us Melt (2017) and the open-world adventure Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (2015), a Playstation 4 exclusive that won major awards across the world. This included an amazing 10 BAFTA nominations and 3 BAFTA wins.
In 2018, we joined the Sumo Digital family of studios. This new home will see us bring our passion and commitment to creating exciting original games within a network of studios renowned for quality and expertise. This enables us to expand and grow in ambition and confidence, taking our reputation for storytelling into new genres. We’ve already started work on one new title and are in discussions about a significant AAA project.
We’re looking for a very special team of developers, who can combine technical expertise with flair, creativity and the hunger to make world-class games. We’re very proud of our track record in diversity and particularly welcome applications from all corners of the industry to ensure this continues into the next chapter of the studio’s story. The Chinese Room was built on passion, on finding amazing people and letting them shine. If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to make games, then we’d love to hear from you.
The Role @ The Chinese Room
We’re looking for brilliant programmers to join our team, ready to dive right into working on a brand new title. It’s going to be a relatively small team of under 20 people, so you’re going to be one of those coders who loves getting stuck into everything; who sees tackling a diverse set of problems that range right across the spectrum of game development as a perk of the job.
You’re fast and efficient, not afraid to experiment and work with designers on iterations. You’re a great communicator and love working as part of a team where you play an active role in helping shape the game and its development. Ideally, you’ve had experience as a gameplay programmer, or if not, you’re passionate about getting that into the centre of your skill set.
We’re building a new team, so we’re looking for programmers with a range of experience and skills. For us, attitude and raw talent goes a long way. We want to take on at least one highly experienced coder, but we’re also interested in hearing from rising stars. So if you are interested, but worried you don’t quite have the experience, or titles under your belt, get in touch anyway.
Within this role you will:
• Work with the code team and production to achieve the highest possible quality product
• Assist with planning and direction of the work of the code team
• Write high quality source code
• Work with designers to implement gameplay and user interface elements to the designers' specifications
• Liaise with Quality Assurance to fix bugs
• Maintain stability of development environment for the entire development team
We need you to have:
• Proficiency in C/C++, minimum of 5 years' experience
• 4 years' experience working in the game industry required
• Experience in PC and/or console programming
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
• Practical experience with 3D math
• Worked on at least 2 shipped games
• Experience with asset pipelines dealing with large scale data sets
• Experience working on at least one large scale game project
You will also need to:
• Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
• Find and fix complex bugs in any area of the project
• Create and own complex systems from start to finish
• Author technical designs and best practices
• Plan work and meet deadlines designated for team projects
• Mentor less experienced programmers
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 2e7b68a2-37e5-4d60-a56c-a251d1f20adf.|
|Apply for this job|