Game Programmer (C++) - SUMO INDIA
Games Jobs - Programming - Anywhere
|Job Title||Game Programmer (C++) - SUMO INDIA|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune.
Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital’s Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more. Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects. Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, at every stage of game development. 2018 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games, we are looking to significantly add to our team in our office in Pune. We’re looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you’ll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy both our hard-core and casual gamers alike. Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. All our roles here at Sumo demand highly creative and motivated individuals with a superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
We are looking for experienced Game Programmers to join the Sumo Video Games team to contribute to the development of existing console and Windows based projects. Talented programmers will always find a home here at Sumo, no matter what your specialism is. We have opportunities to play a key part in our development in our programming team in Pune. Working alongside, including codeveloping, our UK studios and development teams to build multi-genre AAA games across a variety of platforms.
As a Game Programmer you will:
• Coordinate with project managers and other leads to define and complete programming tasks.
• Writing and being accountable for high quality source code.
• Working with designers to implement gameplay and user interface elements to the designers' specifications.
• Liaising with Quality Assurance to fix bugs.
• Ensuring the game is compliant with manufacturer's guidelines for all the relevant platforms.
• Maintaining stability of the development environment for the entire development team.
We need you to have:
• Proficiency in C/C++, with proven commercial experience
• Practical experience with 3D programming and mathematics
• Working experience in game production
• Excellent communication skills
• Have worked on at least one released game and/or experience with at least one current generation engine (UE4, CryEngine, Source, Unity etc.)
• Experience of source control systems
It would be great if you also have:
• 2-5 years’ experience in the games industry.
• Contributing to shipped titles on console games.
• Graphics systems (3D graphics, animation, camera control, lighting, materials and shaders).
• Experience of working to manufacturers' guidelines for the relevant platforms.
• Knowledge of the requirements placed on gameplay code by a multiplayer networked game.
• Networking experience (TCP/IP, UDP, both client-server and peer-to-peer).
• Memory management experience.
• Ability to co-ordinate work for a small team of programmers.
• Produce milestone and platform submission builds.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 3b75cedb-fa2f-4257-ac06-10ca5c247c8f.|
|Apply for this job|