Quality Analyst - SUMO INDIA
Games Jobs - QA / Localisation - India
|Job Title||Quality Analyst - SUMO INDIA|
|Job Category||QA Tester|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune.
Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital’s Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more. Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects. Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, at every stage of game development. 2018 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games, we are looking to significantly add to our team in our office in Pune. We’re looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you’ll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy both our hard-core and casual gamers alike. Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. All our roles here at Sumo demand highly creative and motivated individuals with a superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
Role @ Sumo
Do you see yourself as a Quality Analyst?What's your passion? Is it Quality Analysis, if that's your answer, then we at SUMO are interested in YOU. Sumo Video Games Pune, India is looking for passionate quality analyst.
Within this role you will need to have:
• Proven track record of QA testing 2 projects from start to completion with console testing experience
• Proactive and self-motivated, identifies problems in advance and presents innovative test approaches
• Proven Quality Assurance knowledge with game development\components
• Bug\defect tracking based experience such as JIRA, Hansoft, Bugzilla etc.
• Very active team player with excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written) to converse internally in teams and externally to UK project teams
• Experience in game playing with the ability to familiarize with game-play elements rapidly
• Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company
• Familiarity with testing art assets, environments, collision and ability to provide appropriate feedback
• Knowledge of developer tools for the purpose of installing builds and providing development with debugging information.
We will need you to have:
• An understanding of working within an agile development team
• An experience with testing the same title across different console platforms
• A knowledge of developer tools for the purpose of installing builds and providing development with debugging information
• A proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
You will be responsible to:
• Take titles through end phase submission testing, from alpha to gold master
• Develop QA from early design through to end phase testing involving:
• Grey box testing
• Black box / functional testing
• Monitor project check-ins as well as liaising with the dev team to identify and track issues
• Take daily smoke test on all target platforms
• Create, run and maintain test cases and test scenarios
• Adjustment and improvement to test approach to capture issues in the development process
• Provide feedback and suggestions to improve quality and game experience
• Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with project teams in the UK
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 4fe12a0f-c218-492f-96eb-58608ee6b6be.|
|Apply for this job|