Senior Game Programmer (C++) - SUMO INDIA
Games Jobs - Programming - Anywhere
|Job Title||Senior Game Programmer (C++) - SUMO INDIA|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune.
Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital’s Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more. Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects. Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, at every stage of game development. 2018 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games, we are looking to significantly add to our team in our office in Pune. We’re looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you’ll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy both our hard-core and casual gamers alike. Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. All our roles here at Sumo demand highly creative and motivated individuals with a superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
We are looking for experienced Senior C++ Game Programmers to join the Sumo Video Games team to contribute to the development of existing console and Windows based projects. This is an opportunity for a Senior Developer to hold an impactful role on the development and growth of our programming team in Pune.
As a Senior Game Programmer you will:
• Understand and direct the work of the coding team.
• Mentor the code team and lead by example.
• Liaising with the team and production to achieve the highest possible quality product.
• Working with project managers and other development leads to define and complete programming tasks.
• Writing high quality source code.
• Ensuring the game is compliant with manufacturer's guidelines for the relevant platforms.
• Maintaining stability of development environment for the entire development team.
We need you to have:
• Proficiency in C/C++, with proven commercial experience
• At least 4 years' experience working in the console game industry, having worked on a minimum of 2 shipped games and 1 large scale games project
• Excellent debugging skills
• Practical experience with 3D math
• Experience with asset pipelines, dealing with large scale data set
We also need you to have:
• Communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
• Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
• High personal standards as demonstrated in quality and pride of work
• Create complex systems from start to finish
• Quickly master tools and development processes
• To take direction and criticism
• Meet deadlines designated for team projects
• Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
• Mentor less experienced programmers
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 04106345-28df-4691-9b6e-1d48d2e75327.|
|Apply for this job|