Animator - SUMO NEWCASTLE
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Newcastle
|Job Title||Animator - SUMO NEWCASTLE|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; we are growing across all our studios to support a very bright and busy future.
Sumo Newcastle joined the family in January 2018. This highly experienced team is also looking to grow and add to their high-calibre staff across all disciplines. We have a host of well known partners that we work with including Microsoft, Sega, Sony, Disney and many more. Working alongside them our previous successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform).
Looking down the road we have several exciting but unannounced projects that we are working on (all very hush hush!), but we can share that we are incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform), Project Nova (PC) and Team Sonic Racing (multi-platform).
Here at Sumo we are planning for big things. Don’t miss out. Join us.
The role @ Sumo
Sumo Newcastle are looking for a talented and experienced animator who can create dynamic, compelling animation (both hand-keyed and motion captured) and understands gameplay animation and its idiosyncrasies.
The ideal candidate will enjoy being involved in a friendly, supportive and hard-working environment, able to communicate well within the animation team as well as with other development disciplines. You will be working under the guidance of the Senior Animator but able to take responsibility for managing your own work and schedule.
Within this role you will:
• Production of high-quality hand-keyed and/or motion captured animation
• Exhibit a strong understanding of the fundamental principles of animation
• Contribute to the conceptualisation of character behaviours and abilities
• Help to design and implement gameplay features in collaboration with programmers and designers in-engine
• Meet production schedules and deadlines
• Communicate effectively with peers
We need you to have:
• Industry Experience: 3+ years AAA game experience
• Excellent knowledge of at least one major 3D package (preferably Maya)
• Demonstrate an understanding of games industry animation pipelines and procedures
• Experience with game engines (particularly Unreal 4) is highly preferable
• Able to reconcile the desire for high-quality animation with the functionality requirements of code and game design
• Experience with MotionBuilder is a plus
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Passion for playing games and an up-to-date knowledge of current industry trends
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 0b0bbaeb-917d-4527-aff2-f50bc5ba7ee9.|
|Apply for this job|