Senior Producer - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
Games Jobs - Production - Nottingham
|Job Title||Senior Producer - SUMO NOTTINGHAM|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have six UK studios; Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Huddersfield, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
Recent work includes Crackdown 3 (Microsoft), Hitman 2 (IO Interactive), LittleBigPlanet 3 (Sony), and our first self-published original title - Snake Pass. We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Team Sonic Racing (SEGA) and Dead Island 2 (Deep Silver/Koch Media) as well as unannounced ‘AAA’ projects for major publishers.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo. After fifteen years of success, even bigger things are on the horizon, and want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and talented Senior Producer to take up this key position on an undisclosed project. Reporting to the Development Director, the Senior Producer will have responsibility for the delivery of the project to time and on budget, and within quality expectations of Sumo and the client.
The be successful you will:
• Ideally have 5 years of working in a production role with experience working on shipped console titles
• Be a key leader/contributor to the development team
• Manage the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected
• Create milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management.
• Manage the project budget - identifying resource requirements and expectations, tracking actual project spend versus planned spend and continuously updating projections
• Managing change – ensuring project scope is adhered to, controlling feature creep, ensuring project is delivered in accordance with expectations, and project budget changes if necessary.
• Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals.
• Continuously assess risk and keep scope of the project in line with budget and schedule.
• Managing day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, budget, change and risk with the client and Development Director and making recommendations accordingly
• Manage communication of project progress to the Development Director and internal senior management team
• Maintain close communication with team leads and provide team members with material and technical support as needed
• Ensure that each member of the team is working from a tracked schedule and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution
• Ensure excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development team and across disciplines
• Coach and mentor junior production staff
• Keep abreast of current trends in the marketplace especially with regard to similar and/or competitive product
• Follow Sumo Digital’s project development standards and guidelines
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference dc7d66c7-148f-4604-a8f2-fdd1ee0b99fd.|
|Apply for this job|