Development Director - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - Production - Sheffield
|Job Title||Development Director - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Category||Development Director|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; we are growing across all our studios to support a very bright and busy future.
We have a host of well known partners that we work with including Microsoft, Sega, Sony, Disney and many more. Working alongside them our previous successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform).
Looking down the road we have several exciting but unannounced projects that we are working on (all very hush hush!), but we can share that we are incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform), Project Nova (PC) and Team Sonic Racing (multi-platform).
Here at Sumo we are planning for big things. Don’t miss out. Join us.
The role @ Sumo
As a Development Director you will be the key interface for our clients. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of contracts to exacting creative and commercial standards, building long term client relationships which result in further work.
You will be responsible for:
• Creating clear goals for the project team which are both inspiring and measurable and ensure these through to completion.
• Acting as lead interface for Sumo’s clients in the execution of our contracts.
• Providing the judicial balance between the natural competing demands of the creative and production teams, delivering the optimal balance between time, quality and cost for Sumo Digital
• Management of the project P&L, to deliver forecast Gross Margin or better.
• Management of project change control process.
• Identifying any opportunities to sell additional Sumo services into current clients.
• The operation of the contract to ensure that Sumo’s commercial position is not compromised
To be successful you will have:
• Executed multiple full project life cycles in the games industry
• Managed development budgets in excess of £10M concurrently
• Delivered at least one game with MC of 75% or greater, in a leadership position.
You will be able to:
• Maintain a positive outlook in adverse circumstances, keep team motivation high and makes time to explain their own and the company’s decisions.
• Direct a team of producers to create and maintain an effective production planning and tracking system to suit any particular project, which is relevant to any particular phase.
• Identify and use data sets to inform and drive decisions.
• Establish Projects KPI’s / Dashboard and be able to use this to communicate progress both internally and to clients.
• Manage the project P&L, able to set up a P&L and track it’s progress.
• Operate using project change control process.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 0b2d4146-4d07-422a-ad5b-64c928e36850.|
|Apply for this job|