Games Jobs - Programming - Anywhere
|Job Title||Build Engineer|
|Job Category||Build Engineer|
|Job Description||We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Sumo Sheffield is made up of a diverse mix of fantastic people, although sometimes, some groups are still under-represented. We are working to remove obstacles that can make it difficult for those groups to progress their careers in the games industry. We welcome applications from under-represented people in the gaming industry, including, but not limited to BAME, LGBQT+, women, people with physical disabilities, neurodiversity or mental health issues, and parents or carers.
The role @ Sumo
As a Build Engineer at Sumo Sheffield you will be responsible for maintaining the stability of the project builds across all platforms. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of systems to automate building and testing a title, and for delivering regular builds to QA teams and customers. You will capable of identifying the cause of any build problems, and for either resolving those problems yourself or communicating with other staff members to help resolve them. You will be helped in this and report to the lead programmer on the team who will be your line manager.
In a typical day you will be required to maintain systems for existing projects, while developing strategies for improving and automating the build and test processes for existing and future projects. You know how to use the tools required, including systems and scripting languages for automating building and testing. You may also have the skills to develop and refine tests to improve the quality of the testing process. You will have excellent communication skills enabling you to accurately communicate issues and report on the status of the build systems and builds themselves.
To be successful you will have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Jenkins, TeamCity or similar build systems
• Experience with Maven, Gradle, or similar build management tools
• A strong understanding of SCCM tools such as Perforce, git or Subversion.
• A solid understanding of Linux, OSX and Windows Operating Systems
• Experience in a minimum of one scripting language (Python, Bash, Perl or Ruby)
It would be advantageous if you have:
• Experience in a range of programming languages (Java, C#, C++)
• A good time management and self-motivation skills.
• The ability to take direction and criticism.
• Knowledge of large-scale asset pipelines.
• Experience deploying to cloud compute and storage environments
• Game industry experience, and experience of console build tool chains
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 01ebe434-11af-43fe-9036-7bc8f6058e52.|
|Apply for this job|