Games Jobs - Programming - Leamington Spa
|Job Title||Gameplay Programmer|
|Job Description||Lab42 is a best in class cross-platform game developer based in the UK. Now in our fifth-year, our headcount has grown to 30 experienced people supported by a veteran management team with backgrounds from Activision, Codemasters, EA, and Sumo Digital.
With an exceptional engineering team who bring experience of working directly on 17 titles across a range of platforms, we are ideally set up to take on the responsibility of full SKU development, adaptations & ports from platform to platform and focused co-development where our adaptable production techniques and processes enable us to dovetail with our partners.
We hold the official license for World Snooker and internally developed the photo-realistic, sports/simulation Snooker19, the first in an ongoing game franchise, for all major Consoles and PC. That’s in addition to providing a range of development services and special projects to a growing client list which features Paradox, Sega, Klei Entertainment, Magmic, Ripstone and WayForward.
Lab42 Games are looking to recruit a Gameplay Programmer to support the development and integration of gameplay related systems, such as character movement and behaviour, or game rules and progression, across a variety of projects, engines and platforms.
What is the Job?
• You will be working on a variety of different game projects, both internally developed, and third party projects that we are responsible for or assisting other developers with.
• The games could be developed in a variety of game engines, from well-known development environments such as Unreal and Unity to proprietary code bases, primarily in C++ or C# but occasionally other scripting languages.
• A Gameplay Programmer is responsible for implementing systems and features created by/with a game designer, and could include controls, AI or game rules, but could also encompass platform features such as achievements or rich presence, and will almost always involve periods of bug fixing.
• You will be assigned to a game team, and on a day to day basis a Producer or Lead Programmer will typically manage scheduling of your tasks on a project.
• You will get to work with the other coders on that team to design system architecture and overall strategy in tackling problems.
• You will work collaboratively within the studio-wide programming department to implement coding standards and best practices, and will be encouraged to keep up-to-date with current games programming trends and techniques.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 57770791-5952-41e6-a31f-d9a8667d549f.|
|Apply for this job|