Multiplayer Game Designer - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
Games Jobs - Game Design - Nottingham
|Job Title||Multiplayer Game Designer - SUMO NOTTINGHAM|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune. The Nottingham studio became part of the Sumo Digital family in March of 2016.
Based in the Castle Marina area of the city and with Nottingham castle dominating the skyline, the new studio is a state-of-the-art space dedicated to supporting the highest calibre of game developments most creative people. The environment has been designed to be open, light and bright and to provide a creative and flexible space against which a new team can develop the latest ideas for today’s gaming platforms.
Our Nottingham studio is a real community of game loving, talented people who have a broad set of skills across a diverse range of games types including first-person shooter and racing games. We have been working hard on our first two projects – Team Sonic Racing for Sega and Project Nova for CCP and are about to embark on new projects.
We are looking for talented artists, designers, programmers, producers and support roles to join us making some fun games. In Nottingham we work on small and mid-size teams where everyone can contribute and make a big difference to the games we make. Delivering great games and following the Sumo Pathway, you’ll be able to develop your career within a supportive and creative environment.
Here at Sumo we are planning for big things. Don’t miss out. Join us.
The role @ SumoSumo Nottingham is looking for a Multiplayer Game Designer to join our talented design team on an exciting new title!
Within this role:
• Contribute to the design of a cutting-edge online multiplayer experience on console and PC.
• Evangelise for the multiplayer experience across the team.
• Ensure the multiplayer experience meets contemporary console/PC standards and player expectations.
• Contribute to the wider game design effort via brainstorming and feedback.
• Report directly to a senior designer, who together with the lead designer and design director will provide you with guidance and feedback.
We need you to have:
• Multiplayer design experience on at least one published title.
• Multiplayer gaming experience across multiple platforms.
• An understanding of the differing needs of expert and casual gamers.
• A positive and constructive approach to both giving and receiving feedback, not just within your own specialty but across the entire game.
• Excellent communication skills, both in verbally and in writing.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference cec0916c-f9de-4a9b-a753-e3c6b5119b99.|
|Apply for this job|