Senior Concept Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Nottingham
|Job Title||Senior Concept Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM|
|Job Category||2D / Concept / Texture Artist|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune. The Nottingham studio became part of the Sumo Digital family in March of 2016.
Based in the Castle Marina area of the city and with Nottingham castle dominating the skyline, the new studio is a state-of-the-art space dedicated to supporting the highest calibre of game developments most creative people. The environment has been designed to be open, light and bright and to provide a creative and flexible space against which a new team can develop the latest ideas for today’s gaming platforms.
Our Nottingham studio is a real community of game loving, talented people who have a broad set of skills across a diverse range of games types including first-person shooter and racing games. We have been working hard on our first two projects – Team Sonic Racing for Sega and Project Nova for CCP and are about to embark on new projects.
We are looking for talented artists, designers, programmers, producers and support roles to join us making some fun games. In Nottingham we work on small and mid-size teams where everyone can contribute and make a big difference to the games we make. Delivering great games and following the Sumo Pathway, you’ll be able to develop your career within a supportive and creative environment.
Here at Sumo we are planning for big things. Don’t miss out. Join us.
The role @ Sumo
Sumo is looking for a highly creative Senior Concept Artist at their Nottingham studio.
The position is working as part of an experienced and passionate project team. The role is full-time and 100 % based in-house at our Nottingham studio in the UK. Remote or part remote working applications will not be considered. For the position, we are looking for versatility and rapid iteration; the ideal candidates will be keen to embrace every stylistic challenge, – and will have the kind of over-active imagination that never stops coming up with new ways to interpret a given brief or add an unexpected twist of surprise to every concept that comes their way, always striving to deliver excellent concept pieces as required for a project.
Within this role you will:
• This position is purely hands-on creation of concept pieces to drive the direction of a project and help communicate the Project Art Director’s stylistic vision throughout the team.
• Responsible for creating and iterating on ideas whilst maintaining the artistic vision of the Project Art Director.
• Maintaining quality and consistency with the other members of the concept team.
• Fast concept and iteration of ideas across all aspects of the brief.
We need you to have:
• Able to work in multiple artistic styles.
• High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement and eye for detail.
• Excellent composition, lighting and colour theory skills and appreciation.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Self-initiating, confident approach to their work;
• Keen understanding of cultural influences beyond games; movies, books, TV, comics etc.
• Ideas generation and iteration.
• High quality illustrative pieces.
• Demonstrable talent across all concept disciplines, in particular figurative, environment and object work.
We'd also ideally like you to have (although it's not a deal breaker):
• Shipped at least one AAA title.
• 3D modelling and rendering.
• Experience working in film, TV, publishing.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference ec160cee-e495-4f5f-aaf7-9d8321d32e37.|
|Apply for this job|