Senior Project Manager - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Games Jobs - Production - Sheffield
|Job Title||Senior Project Manager - SUMO SHEFFIELD|
|Job Category||Project Manager|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; we are growing across all our studios to support a very bright and busy future.
We have a host of well known partners that we work with including Microsoft, Sega, Sony, Disney and many more. Working alongside them our previous successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform).
Looking down the road we have several exciting but unannounced projects that we are working on (all very hush hush!), but we can share that we are incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform), Project Nova (PC) and Team Sonic Racing (multi-platform).
Here at Sumo we are planning for big things. Don’t miss out. Join us.
The role @ Sumo
Reporting to the Group Production Director, you will work with management, production and the development team to identify key project information and metrics, then develop and run processes to extract, collate, maintain and then objectively communicate relevant information to all stakeholders. Their goal will be to assure successful project delivery, measurably drive quality and increase efficiency by providing accurate and up-to-date project information.
Within this role you will:
• Develop, maintain, track and analyse project schedules and capacity information for all project teams
• Participate in and drive project planning sessions
• Maintain a project history, deliver reports and risk registers and own the project change process
• Liaise with senior staff to understand KPI requirements and deploy processes to track and surface required information
• Analyse project information and highlight problems, escalate critical issues and develop scenario options and opportunities
• Enforce team processes that are critical for the success of the PM function
To be successful you will have:
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability
• Worked in similar roles in the games, software or related industries
• A track record of successful completed projects – preferably across multiple platforms
• An understanding of a wide range of project management concepts, tools and approaches and an ability to tailor methods to meet the requirements of the team
• A passion for technology, entertainment and understanding of technical and creative concepts
• An open and flexible mindset, with strong communication skills
• A degree-level education with strong maths ability
• Experience of MS Project and an in depth working knowledge of Excel
• Knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies - Scrum Certification desirable
We are looking for people who can:
• Help establish best practices and processes
• Work without excessive supervision or direction and makes sound judgment and decisions
• Analyse available information and use past experience, defined workflows and best practises to find solutions
• Identify multiple solutions to any problem and choose the most appropriate
• Carry out review/appraisals and offer feedback and advice
• Communicate expectations to their team and report to the Programme Manager
• Provide direction across teams through reviews, offers opinions and possible solutions
• Lead team structure and management choices and lead other project managers/planners
• Motivate and lead to deliver employee performance, delegate responsibilities and accountabilities
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 8f8dbbdc-9e91-4d9b-8a19-41c30880297f.|
|Apply for this job|