Senior UI Artist - SUMO INDIA
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Senior UI Artist - SUMO INDIA|
|Job Category||UI / UX Designer / Artist|
|Job Description||Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Within this role you will:
• Work with the lead artist to develop, explore and style the games user interface and develop icons, buttons, frames and panels etc.
• Create user interface concepts and motion graphics to demonstrate transitions and interactions as well as execute them within the game engine.
• Explore and assemble visual material to define and improve the visual style of the game.
• Solve problems effectively and creatively with an ability to scale quality when time or deadlines require it.
• Collaborate closely with UX designer to iterate and consider the gameplay implications of the design and the overall player experience.
• Detach yourself from personal tastes to approach and problem solve from the players perspective.
• Always thinking about how we can be better.
We need you to have:
• Diverse UI style portfolio from casual friendly games through to mature titles. (Experience in the Adobe graphics suite essential)
• Great illustration skills to develop the UI from freehand sketch to accurate vectors.
• Clear consideration of colour theory, shape, scale, form, silhouette.
• Basic understanding of 3D packages and using them as part of a concept workflow.
• Can do attitude with confidence in your ability to work to a design spec / brief whilst able to use your own intuition to fill in the gaps.
• Fastidious attention to detail in order to push the visual and technical barriers further.
• Knowledge of game engine UI systems such as UGUI as bonus.
• An open approach to collaboration and feedback from others.
• Excellent communication skills never afraid to ask questions.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 6f67c361-eeb0-4e5f-91d7-f4a41f20307e.|
|Apply for this job|