Senior Vehicle Artist - SUMO INDIA
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Anywhere
|Job Title||Senior Vehicle Artist - SUMO INDIA|
|Job Category||Vehicle Artist|
|Job Description||Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune.
Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital’s Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more. Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects. Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, at every stage of game development. 2018 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games, we are looking to significantly add to our team in our office in Pune. We’re looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you’ll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy both our hard-core and casual gamers alike. Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. All our roles here at Sumo demand highly creative and motivated individuals with a superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
Role @ Sumo
Do you see yourself as a Senior Vehicle Artist?
Sumo Video Games Pune, India is looking for passionate Vehicle artist who aspire to create realistic & stylized vehicles alongside the Sumo UK Studios and help bring life to game world of some of the world class AAA projects on major consoles.
The ideal candidate should have a striking portfolio demonstrating an exceptional skill in modelling, sculpting and texturing broad range of vehicles. They should be eager to learn and develop their skills alongside some of the best vehicle artists in India and the UK, to deliver a very high-quality in game vehicles.
Within this role you will:
• Work alongside the Lead Vehicle Artist, the candidate will be working on a current project in production, and will form part of the highly skilled Art team(Environment/ Props/Vehicles ).
• Work from concept art, images and turn them into fully functioning in game vehicles
• Work along with technical artist to understand and implement correct naming and file structure considering game engine and limitations.
• Work with animators and technical artist to deliver animation ready solutions.
• Ensure vehicles created follow the given art direction, and are within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications
• Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with project teams in the UK
We will need you to have:
• Proficiency in Max, Maya and Zbrush, photoshop
• Extensive hard surface modelling experience.
• Thorough knowledge of PBR work flow and procedural software’s such as Substance Painter / designer and Quixel DDO
• Excellent understanding of structure, silhouette in respect of modelling along with exceptional understanding of mesh topology skills
• Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity
• A portfolio demonstrating wide range of vehicles completed to a very high standard.
• At least 4 years of experience creating vehicles for console games
• Excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 68511894-19aa-41ee-8d8f-bb500fb8b04b.|
|Apply for this job|