Support Engineer - SUMO DIGITAL, LEAMINGTON SPA
Games Jobs - Programming - Anywhere
|Job Title||Support Engineer - SUMO DIGITAL, LEAMINGTON SPA|
|Job Description||Founded in early 2019, Sumo Leamington is the most recent member of the award-winning Sumo Digital family. We’re one of Sumo’s seven game development studios located across the UK and India, and we have an immediate goal of building an industry-leading team here in Royal Leamington Spa.
Managed by industry veterans with ground-breaking titles under their belts, the studio needs to hire the right colleagues to meet our exciting objectives. Whether you’re an industry veteran or straight out of university, we could have a career-defining role for you. If you want to create great games that people will play for years to come, and be there at the beginning of something we know will be truly special, join our team. We look forward to speaking with you!
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo Digital are working on a variety of exciting games which present a unique set of IT issues and challenges. In this role you be expected to work closely with the development team to ensure their workflow is optimal and assist in the day-to-day running of the studio.
In your new role you will:
• Be the primary point of contact for the studio IT issues and support agreed service levels, standards and processes from the centralized helpdesk.
• Provide desktop, laptop, mobile, server and storage support.
• Setup and configure new authorised end-user devices. Install authorized software in the devices.
• Process service requests and keep users informed about their incidents' status at agreed intervals.
• Escalate issues which are beyond the employees' capabilities or resource capacity to senior resources in an effective manner to optimize the quality of service provided.
• Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality of the technological service.
• Register and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible. If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, transfer the Incident to the team leader.
• Manage device backups, diagnose and resolve technical issues when required.
• Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the team leader.
• Ensure security and upgrades are applied to authorised end-user devices and kept up to date.
• Install antivirus to all authorised end-user devices. Fault finding to authorised end-user devices when required.
• Document and maintain all logs for equipment and users. Update the CI and asset management platform when required.
• Ensure licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained in the asset management platform.
• Prepare documents, meeting materials and correspondence and provide training to end-users as required.
• Provide the best end-user experience and outstanding support to all internal and external end-users.
• Tackle any other additional responsibilities as requested by senior management.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Sumo Digital jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Sumo Digital using their internal reference 7fb1975f-a7cd-422b-b3da-d0c939412826.|
|Apply for this job|