Games Jobs - Programming - North West
|Job Title||Server Engineer|
|Job Category||Network / Online / Server|
|Job Description||This is a fantastic opportunity to work on one of the most ambitious games to ever be developed!
Our client are a leading independent studio that is at the forefront of AAA experiences. They’re currently working on a highly anticipated Sci-Fi game which is expected to smash a number of records. If you’re looking for stability, a good wage, career progression and excitement, look no further.
The Server/Backend/Network Engineer will work in a co-operative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement the server and backend functionality of the studio's games.
- Strong C++ and multi-threaded programming skills
- Experienced in TCP and UDP networking and creating highly reliable, scalable distributed server systems
- Development experience in Windows and Linux
- A passion for making and playing games
- Work well in a cooperative team environment
- Online game and/or MMO development experience
- Experience profiling and optimizing server systems (network, CPU, memory, IO)
- Experience with client/server development including security and network traffic management
- Java and/or LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) development experience
- Experience with Cassandra, Riak, MongoDB, or other NoSQL databases
- Development experience with zeromq, ActiveMQ, and/or RabbitMQ or other messaging systems
Why you should apply:
“I love the challenge. We’re being allowed the opportunity to make something incredible with an innovative vision while partnering with an excited and passionate community. When you’re doing something new, every day presents an unprecedented and thrilling challenge. It’s also a blast living every day so far into the future.”
Interested? Contact Jordan Bateman for more information on Jordan@Aswift.com or on [link url=tel:+44 (0)1709 834777]+44 (0)1709 834777[/link]
|More||View other Aardvark Swift jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 8101.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|