Senior Props Artist
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - North West
|Job Title||Senior Props Artist|
|Job Category||Environment Artist|
|Job Description||This exciting company are looking for a Senior Prop Artists with experience creating high quality game assets. You will be working closely with their concept, environment and ship teams to create all the objects that bring their environments and ships to life.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of game art creation and should strive to push the boundaries of next gen art. They should be organised, adaptable and understand technical limitations and budgets.
- Support the Art Director interpreting the vision for the game, creating props that complement the environments.
- Create high quality props from concepts images, references and art direction.
- Work with the Lead Prop artist to push the quality of artwork both visually and technically.
- Aid in the management of props created by partner studios and external vendors.
- Deliver consistent and high quality models while being mindful of budgets and technical requirements.
- Support other team members through mentorship and knowledge sharing.
- Develop pipelines and prototype new technologies.
- Define work processes together with the Lead Artist, the Tech Art and production groups.
- Review and feedback on other artist work to maintain quality and visual style.
- Maintain documentation and best practice examples.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience creating high quality props for AAA games.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop.
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
- Experience applying and tweaking shaders.
- A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable game assets.
- Excellent sense of form, mass and volume.
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Experience and examples of both hard and soft surface game assets.
- Experience with Cry Engine.
- Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes.
- Experience giving feedback and preparing assets for outsource.
- An avid gamer.
For more information contact Danny Blachford at email@example.com or give us a call on 01709 834777.
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Aardvark Swift jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 8242.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|