||At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As QA Manager, you will have a clear understanding of your leadership style and its impact on others, and be able to use a range of directive and non-directive leadership skills to get the best from your team.
You will balance delivering results with caring for the needs of your team. You will motivate and guide others to excellence, acting as a role model for organisational, technical, and creative skills, whilst showing others ‘what good looks like’.
As QA Manager you will also confidently and respectfully challenge the status quo in order to improve things. Assertive when needed, you ensure the requirements of your team and your business are met by stakeholders at all levels. Confident in your decision making, you nevertheless think carefully before you speak and act.
The Global QA Manager is responsible for setting high QA standards and best practice across all projects at Zynga from within a central QA group. This role is required to analyze current practices and develop a roadmap that brings the discipline forward.
They are responsible for defining broad QA processes in partnership with each studio and tailoring their approach depending on the issues experienced by each team. Also works closely with teams outside QA such as engineering, publishing, and production. Has the ability to present ideas and initiatives in a manner that is working with, rather than working against.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for reporting studio QA activities at a high level to central QA management so a roadmap of improvements and initiatives can be created.
- Constantly evaluates the QA needs for each project they are assigned to assist.
- Valuates the QA requirements of new projects.
- Responsible for ensuring we build a strong sense of studio QA ownership; we are here to help, not do all the work.
- Review hiring practices at the studio level to enable us to hire the best.
- Manages relationship with QA vendors gives feedback on studio vendor budgets, identify the best use of resources, and ensures quality work is coming back from the vendor.
- Dotted line report of QA Lead/equivalent for each project, providing them with management support, ensuring clear goals are set for the project and personal development; mentors and coaches as appropriate.
- Plans adequate testing strategy for global test areas e.g. compatibility, performance.
- Sets standards for uniform reporting, bug ticketing and documentation across the company (bearing in mind studio wishes).
- Ensures adequate processes are in place to serve live operations and that we are reacting to customer feedback.
- Works with other discipline leads on a project to make processes work for QA.
- Understands and communicates issues, risks, and problems affecting the wider QA strategy.
- Develops studio QA teams to be self-sufficient and aligned closely with central QA goals.
- Selects appropriate metrics for tracking QA performance, needs, and potential issues.
- Monitors and evaluates team skill level directly with leads and indirectly for all project QA; ensure continued improvement and growth across the team.
- Works with QA Leads and the project QA team to broaden expertise across the company.
- Becomes sufficiently familiar with all projects to cover for a QA Lead if necessary or support project QA in the Lead’s absence.
- Organises effective sharing of skills, knowledge, practices between project QA teams, makes sure that relevant experience and ideas are borrowed from across all the company.
- Establishes and supports a positive, collaborative work environment between the project QA teams e.g. develop roundtables.
- Previous experience as a QA Manager/Lead overseeing two or more projects, preferably in an embedded environment.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills – able to effect change and acceptance of new ideas, adapting to pushback.
- Ability to resolve a variety of issues in QA teams, from changing/developing processes, vendors, managing under-performance.
- Excellent organization skills with experience in managing disparate workloads and extended teams.
- Excellent management skills, ability to set goals, get people to achieve and progress in the discipline. Not averse to giving critical feedback.
- Experienced with agile methodologies and has worked first hand in a sprint framework.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills backed up with a proactive approach to knowledge sharing and best practice.
- Expert understanding of software QA and games development practices and terminology e.g. Jira / Confluence, version control, regression, integration, versions.
- Experience working in all phases of QA and project lifecycle.
- Ability to use JIRA and other reporting software to produce QA metrics/reports.
- Excellent JIRA knowledge including dashboards and custom filters. JIRA admin experience beneficial.
- Understanding of hardware and software utilized in mobile development (platform SDKs, hardware variance, mobile testing tools, etc.)
- Awareness of mobile games market on iOS and Android.
- Is able to inspire the team about QA being a positive and worthwhile career.
WHAT DO WE GIVE YOU?
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days holiday
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus