One Player Mission is proud to be working with an award-winning developer of premium games that entertain millions of gamers across the globe with amazing and immersive gaming experiences.
Our client is now looking for an AI Programmer to work with them in their beautiful Stockholm Studio.
As an AI Game Programmer, you will work side by side with designers, animators and gameplay programmers to realize complex and realistic enemy AI behaviour. Take part in designing and implementing their behaviour from scratch using and extending existing tools as well as implementing game systems related to pathfinding, decision-making, group movement and locomotion.
- A good understanding of what makes games fun
- Passion for creating solid game AI
- Experience with different AI architectures and techniques e.g behaviour trees and pathfinding
- Able to write readable, robust and performant code in C++
- A good understanding of all aspects of game programming in multiplayer games
- Prior experience working as a programmer on at least one shipped title on current-gen consoles from start to finish
- Work side by side with designers, animators and gameplay programmers to realize complex and realistic enemy AI behaviour.
- Take high-level design ideas and translate them into practical solutions.
- Delivering a successful end-user experience, together with your team-mates
- Balance functional requirements with technical requirements in the areas of performance, stability, memory usage, and interoperability.
BONUS SKILLS (Good to have)
- Experience of navmesh generation
- Knowledge working with pathfinding, navigation and steering
- Experience working with vehicle AI and control
- Familiarity with HavokAI
- Underdtanding working with game physics
- Experience from working with animation state machines, animation blending, IK and similar techniques
- Experience of profiling and optimization
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214426!