As an Animation Programmer, you will be responsible for making our exciting new project’s epic battles look visually dynamic and immersive, ensuring we stay on the cutting edge, and conquer new frontiers in the world of game development.
In this role you will be instrumental in defining how the animation systems for this project are developed moving forward. You will have the opportunity to bring your experience with Unreal Engine and C++ to help us create a realistic and immersive in-game experience, while working closely with other programmers, animators, and designers on the project.
The animation programmer is a creative position responsible for developing and maintaining gameplay animation pipelines, systems, and features. You will work closely with the designers and animators to implement compelling gameplay interactions. You will facilitate and build tools for them to help them realize their vision and bring characters and environment to life.
You will take ownership of our animation system and work with our technical animation team to drive longer-term technology and improve the workflows of our animators.
Knowledge, Skill, and Experience
- Good C++ programming skills (Visual Studio IDE)
- Experience with Unreal Engine and understanding of Unreal Engine blueprints
- Strong 3D math skills - vectors, matrices, linear algebra
- Knowledge of animation techniques like rigging, state machines, physics ragdolls, inverse kinematics, compression, facial animation, blend trees, etc.
- Good communication skills to enable effective collaboration with programmers, designers, artists, animators, and production staff
- А great eye for detail
- An interest in recent developments in the area of animation
- Experience architecting and developing animation systems in a released AAA title
- Experience with animation techniques like rigging, state machines, physics ragdolls, inverse kinematics, compression, facial animation, blend trees, etc.
- Experience with motion matching
- Production experience with digital content creation tools such as Maya
- Interest in games and game development
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.