Jagex has begun exciting new projects that leverage our legendary RuneScape IP in creative ways. We are expanding a project team with expertise in the latest technologies, focused around Unreal Engine 5, to create a highly-skilled, player-focused development group that you could join. A core team based in Cambridge, augmented by members distributed globally, form a friendly, talented bunch keen to invite new members.
Apply your passion for creating unforgettable online games and drive technology development to help us fulfil our vision for a deep, community-driven, connected, multi-platform Open World Survival Craft experience, set in the RuneScape universe.
Animators are responsible for delivering animations that support gameplay mechanics and narrative sequences in a game. They breathe life into characters and creatures covering all the actions and behaviors the game requires. They are problem solvers, creative thinkers who iterate rapidly, exploring ideas and approaches whilst always understanding that animation services gameplay. They work carefully within rule-sets to ensure the animations meet the design requirements and technical requirements, whilst also delivering actions and performances that entertain and delight players. Key Duties Include:
- Bring characters and creatures to life, using motion capture data or creating hand key animation.
- Deliver animation assets that consistently hit style and quality benchmarks.
- Adopt flexible workflows / techniques that ensure animations are being created / delivered in the most efficient manner.
- Continually push yourself to level up and develop your skillset and abilities.
- Work closely with the team to ensure animations are implemented optimally in the game engine.
- Work with technical animators to troubleshoot and improve existing workflows / tools.
- Support, promote and build good team and studio morale in an open, creative environment.
- Passion for animation in games.
- Player / product focussed animation thinking.
- Excellent understanding of animation principles / fundamentals.
- Good technical understanding of current / future animation trends.
- At least one shipped title in a similar role.
- Ability to pitch ideas and give feedback to other members of the team.
- Good eye for detail in spotting issues / opportunities.
- Effective cross discipline communication skills.
- Experience with the Open World Survival Craft genre.
- Experience working with motion capture.
- Experience with Unreal 5.
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.