Creative Assembly is looking for a dynamic and motivated Associate Brand Manager to join our Brand team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new first-person shooter. This role will be based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role you will be a key support on the launch and lifecycle of HYENAS. As such, you will need to be flexible and creatively minded, with the skills and motivation to navigate rapidly-iterating, player-first environments.
This position calls for someone able to communicate clearly and manage relationships with cross-functional teams.
In a supportive, team-oriented, environment you will be able to provide marketing input in on-going game design whilst helping to define, communicate, and execute brand marketing activations.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as either hybrid or fully in-studio. The expectation for hybrid is at least 1-2 days in studio a week. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As an Associate Brand Manager on the HYENAS team, you will be a key support in the development of strategic marketing plans, helping to manage the associated budget, executing brand campaigns in line with the strategic vision agreed in partnership with the franchise’s development team and Creative Assembly’s senior management group.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Contribute to brand strategy and help execute marketing campaigns
- Contribute to relevant brand team meetings and planning process
- Lead on projects within the overarching brand plans
- Support on the creation of innovative and effective campaigns to grow sales & market share
- Work with media partners to implement optimisations to digital campaigns
- Work closely with commercial teams to implement commercial initiatives to help deliver on revenue targets
- Be a key contact with internal and external agencies, manage relationships and ensure work is delivered on time and within budget
- Work collaboratively with wider teams to execute campaigns that reflect our joined up and collaborative philosophy
- Build foundational relationships with the Dev Team(s) to ensure we align on projects.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A motivated self-starter excited about the craft of marketing videogames and the power of building a brand
- Ability to swiftly build and maintain relationships in a complex environment
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Quality writing and reporting skills.
- Previous marketing or brand experience in an entertainment brand/product environment
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry would be appreciated
- Understanding of the digital games retail space would be an advantage
- Experience of working with creative or media agencies would be valuable.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.