This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are excited to be working with this AAA games company. The original studios were founded in Stockholm in 2003 and develops games using its proprietary technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. They have recently opened their third studio in the beautiful Malmö, Sweden. The Malmö studio will focus on development of current and future IPs, relatively small and flexible projects which rest on a solid foundation of AAA production values.
They are now looking for an experienced Sound Programmer to join their Malmö or Stockholm studio to work on an exciting and unique title. You will work with some of the industry’s most exciting technology and talented individuals.
As the sound programmer you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining sound related systems within their propriety engine. This will involve using their in-house sound development tools as well as their C++ game engine code. You will work closely with the rest of the game team and their sound designers to produce a great open world game and you will be instrumental in their efforts to innovate within the area of sound in an open world.
• Strong C/C++ coding skills
• Experience in sound and/or games systems development
• A strong passion for sound and games
• Prior experience as a sound programmer on at least one shipped title on current-gen consoles
• Experience working with sound middlewares
• Audio codec experience advantageous
• Streaming / resource management experience desirable
• Experience with Scripting (python or similar) advantageous