The PositionIn the role of Backend Platform Developer, you will be developing backend services and APIs to support gameplay feature development. While the position is a full-time role, Avalanche supports a hybrid on-site/from-home setup.
You will be working in close collaboration with other programmers in implementing and supporting an evolving ecosystem of services for a live service game. Our backend services are primarily implemented in C# but a significant part of your responsibilities would be to seamlessly integrate services with the C++ side of the game and to provide high-quality APIs serving other game teams' needs.
We are looking for someone who has experience in the games industry, thrives working in dynamic teams and has a service-minded mindset.
- A minimum of 2+ years of professional programming experience
- Strong knowledge of programming in C#
- Experience developing microservices and backend APIs
- A great mindset for problem-solving and technical excellence
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Professional experience in the Video Game industry
- Practical experience with Azure and PlayFab
- Practical experience with C++
- Experience working with telemetry and data pipelines
- Experience working with content delivery networks
- Experience working with infrastructure as code
- Passionate about gaming
Employee PromiseWe provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
Our ValuesAt Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to ApplyWe will only consider candidates who have submitted their CVs and who can work from the office a few days a week.
To apply for this position, please register below. Apply as soon as possible, as we review applications on a rolling basis. All further information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement only.