Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Brand Manager to join our Brand team based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role you will be integral to the launch and lifecycle of a forthcoming major Total War title. As such, you will need to be commercially minded and creatively adept, with the skills to be flexible and agile in an ever-changing, rapidly-iterating, player-first environment.
This position calls for excellence in all forms of communication and relationship management, with a track record of success in a similar position. You will have the confidence necessary to provide marketing input in on-going game design functionality whilst defining, communicating, and evolving brand marketing programs and campaigns.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as either hybrid or fully in-studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As a Brand Manager on the Total War team, you will be central in driving the strategic marketing plan, managing the associated budget, executing brand campaigns in line with the strategic vision agreed in partnership with the franchise’s development team and Creative Assembly’s senior management group.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Contribute to and interpret brand strategy and execute with perfection
- Contribute to relevant brand team meetings and strategy planning process
- Lead and execute significant portions of the brand plans and campaigns, from briefing internal / external partners to reviewing and executing cutting edge creative
- Build and support the creation of innovative and effective campaigns to grow sales & market share
- Work with media partners to implement optimisations to digital campaigns
- Work closely with commercial teams to implement commercial initiatives to help deliver on revenue targets
- Lead internal and external agency relationships and ensure work is delivered on time and within budget
- Work collaboratively with wider teams to execute campaigns that reflect our joined up and collaborative philosophy
- Champion the brand within the broader organisation
- Partner with the Dev Team(s), ensuring synergy and be a driving force for the campaign.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A motivated self-starter with experience of authoring creative marketing plans
- Demonstrable experience of current online marketing standards and practices
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Superb relationship building and communication skills
- Quality writing and reporting skills.
- Previous experience of entertainment brand/product ownership and product launches
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry would be appreciated
- Previous experience and current understanding of the digital games retail space would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working with creative or media agencies would be valuable
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry is desirable.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.