Avalanche Studios is looking for a Build Engineer to join our team. This role is part of the QA organisation and you will work closely with our game developers and development leads to evolve our technical support systems and our processes / best practices, and to coach them in applying them in the best possible manner.
To succeed in the role you need to have a business and customer-oriented attitude and find it easy to communicate and build relations. You are a team player with a strong desire to share your knowledge with others as well as to learn from your colleagues and gain insight into the realities of their day-to-day work. You are results-oriented and can absorb new information and transform it into creative solutions quickly. You have a sense of urgency and the ability to cope with short lead times.
We can offer you a challenging, stimulating and value-driven environment where you will work together with some of the industry’s strongest brains and where you will constantly apply and deepen your skills. As a Build Engineer, you will take the technical leadership of this area and you will be setting the vision for our developer’s productivity.
You will have the overall responsibility for the workflow efficiency of the development of the current build system in terms of how programmers and content creators develop, manage, and build their code and data.
- Optimize code/content compile turnaround times or workflows
- Miscellaneous utilities (e.g. Build deploy/launch, config managers, metrics/diagnostics, source control helpers/filters)
- Setup and maintain build and test infrastructure
- Setup and maintain project branches
- Oversee and maintain deployment, delivery and submission processes.
- Develop and maintain operational deployment software e.g. interface with Platform APIs (like Steam)
- Support team with issues surrounding builds/branches/deliveries
- Manage and perform integrations between project branches Integrate software and tools between internal projects
- 3+ Years of Python experience.
- Programming experience with build/tools and configuration software.
- Deep knowledge of version control systems, preferably Perforce.
- Knowledge of branching methodologies and when to apply them.
- Experience with Merge/Integration of changes across multiple branches/streams in multiple projects.
- Experience in supporting a game as a service (gaas) in a Live environment.
- C++ knowledge.
- Autotest suites.
- Console experience.
- Experience in shipping a AAA game title for PC and consoles.
To thrive in a programming position at Avalanche Studios, you are eager and have the ability to learn new tools and workflows. You have a positive attitude and contribute to a healthy team dynamic by seeing opportunities and highlighting limitations in a constructive way. You can communicate to clearly establish common goals and align expectations. You are ambitious and are interested in pushing the boundaries of our user experience but can also skillfully balance this with the realities and constraints of the situation at hand. As an employee at Avalanche Studios Group, you can look forward to many great benefits including but not limited to:Training Budget to further develop your skillsExcellent SwagHybrid work model (we spend some days of the week in the office and can spend the rest working from home)Monthly AfterworksThe LocationsThe Stockholm locationOur Stockholm office is situated in Södermalm, the beating heart of the city’s game industry. It’s a physical representation of our games – the lush vegetation of Just Cause and the Hunter: Call of the Wild meets corroded metal straight out of Mad Max. It has everything you need to make it your creative base camp.The Malmö locationYou’ll find us in a standout building from 1958, just a stone’s throw from the Central Station. Within these walls, the American dream was leveraged to sell muscle cars more than half a century ago. Today, the location balances Avalanche Studios Group’s industrial, high-octane heritage with a bright and homey vibe featuring resident dogs and patio-grown chillies.