One Player Mission are working with an established Independent Game Studio, based in the South-East of the UK. The studio is comprised of a team of highly experienced and passionate developers, focused on creating the outstanding and amazing games of the future. With a major project for a renowned publisher, and their own IP on the way, they are creating new genre-defining games in Unreal Engine 5.
To help turn amazing ideas into reality they are now looking for a Build Engineer to join them. As a Build Engineer you would be required to own and manage the build pipelines for the studio, as well ensure these systems can scale as the studio continues to grow. Day-to-day the focus will be on coding for engineering and design, however the role does come with an element of ownership and management of your build pipeline and workflow, so a confident self-starter is preferred.
- Build and maintain the build ecosystem for the studio including the autobuilder, static analysis and smoke test pipelines
- Help to identify and develop new features, tools and parts of the build pipeline required in order to support the studio’s growth
- Help to add and maintain build pipeline features to the studio’s hub tool
- Help to add build pipeline feature hooks into the game when required
- Collaborate with both the Engineering teams and the Director of Technology
- Deep understanding of software engineering and software design
- Knowledge and understanding of build pipelines, including the use of automation servers (such as Jenkins) as well as general server maintenance
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new programming languages and paradigms
- Ability to own and manage large portions of a codebase
- Proficient in the use of modern IDEs
- Significant experience in software development
- Thorough experience with creating and maintaining automation servers for a company
BONUS POINTS (Good to have):
- Experience in the video games industry (preferable a shipped title)
- Knowledge with C++
- Have worked within an agile development environment
- Experience with Jenkins automation server
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!