A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Working with the Director of Business Development on creating and maintaining strong relationships with businesses, licensees, and 3rd Party studios. The role will support the development and execution of strategic and tactical plans to ensure Jagex Partners’ success by implementing process for new titles and managing and supporting relationships with external game developers and other third parties, including negotiation of agreements, overall due diligence, project Greenlight and product lifecycle management. The role requires a strong understanding and practical experience in IP licensing, implementation against strategic insights, project ownership and pipeline management. Key Duties Include:
- Driving discovery, evaluation, and acquisition of 3rd Party titles for Jagex Partners
- Leverage industry relationships and deep insights to identify, create and promote business opportunities
- Participate and drive due diligence process for external development partners
- Coordinate and liaise with all necessary departments and divisions to facilitate execution of projects and materials in a professional and client-centric manner
- Budget management against individual product P/L’s
- Maintain relationships with digital distribution partners and disseminating best practice across departments while facilitating the creation of innovative programs and business opportunities
- Develop priority-setting process, identify blockers and solutions, and facilitate project execution
- Provide support for outbound licensing solutions and act as an interdepartmental liaison for the development of collateral to building presentations and pitches as required
- Keep all key stakeholders informed of product status and vision through the preparation and presentation of appropriate project materials
- 7-10 years’ experience in Business Development and Licensing, preferably within the Entertainment/ Videogames industry
- BA/BS Degree or relevant experience
- Worked within a team, used to managing and delivery against multiple and complex projects
- Can work with multiple stakeholders to build consensus and create teamwork to achieve goals and success
- Strong Leadership and management skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Additional languages a plus, but not essential
- Ability to travel to meet studios, partners, and businesses in the UK and internationally when required
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.