This AAA studio based in the Midlands is looking to hire a C++ Gameplay Programmer to join our studio. You will be part of a creative environment that embraces new and different ideas as well as tried and tested. We are a passionate studio who love video games. Come join the creators of the critically acclaimed racing titles as you will be involved in working on one of our pillar projects!
What will you do?
- Design and architect new game enhancements and defects fixes using our in house engine in C++
- 2+ years of software programming experience in the games industry
- Design and architect other systems as required incl. front end
- Test and refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project
- Work closely in multidisciplinary teams in the development of products
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, optimised bug free code
- Participate in code and architecture reviews
What skills do you need?
- Solid C++ programming skills
- Maths, linear algebra, geometry and OO
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, Computer Science, Game Development) or similar
- Works well independently and in a team
- Prototyping and working with iterative development process
- Problem solving and researching best practice
- Experience developing for PC, console or mobile platforms
- 1+ released title on any platform
Flexitime, medical, dental, bonus, competitive pay and great work environment.
To apply pls forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2354.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.