Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA Game
The design team at our clients studio is expanding! They’re looking for a passionate and exceptional Combat Designer to come join us here in their newly refurbished Edinburgh office.
The Combat Designer will implement and tune weapons in Unreal 4, work with the environment and missions teams to improve the combat experience, oversee playtesting and evaluate community feedback.
- ideal candidate will be an insightful and creative team player with an enthusiasm for creating exciting and engaging combat scenarios, maintaining design documentation and working iteratively towards building one of the most ambitious projects in games. A strong eye for detail combined with clear and concise communication is a must.
As a member of the Gameplay team you’ll work closely with the game director and the core design group and to create and maintain the vision across the Everywhere project. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills alongside an incredible worldwide team.
- Extensive industry experience in a combat design position
- Strong portfolio of projects or features you can break down and discuss
- A passion for games and an ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically
- Open and ready to iterate and adapt based on gameplay needs or technical challenges
- Data management and editing with Excel or similar
- Experience with PvP and PvE balancing
- Experience or passion for a variety of weapon types and genres
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
- Industry knowledge, new design methodology and multiplayer trends
- Work closely with the design team to build, iterate and balance weapons and combat systems
- Direct gameplay harmony between player locomotion, combat systems and level design
- Drive additional features that elevate the combat experience, including health systems and signs & feedback
- Playtest regularly and provide feedback on combat systems, features and other components of the game
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information and communicate to the team
- Maintain clear design documentation
- Become a hub of knowledge for the combat experiences, for all production disciplines
- Support with VISA and relocation to Edinburgh
- Temporary accommodation provided
- Highly competitive salary
- Amazing city location
- Working with a world class team of developers
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!