One Player Missions client is looking for a Combat Designer to join their game development team. They have an ambitious and original open world survival game with a unique twist in mechanics and environmental challenges, developed in Unreal Engine 5.
The successful candidate will support driving their games forward in a studio experiencing exponential growth, working on creatively rewarding projects in an inclusive environment, collaborating with industry professionals.
- Established game design experience.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title in a Combat Designer role.
- Passion for horror and survival genre.
- Knowledge of gameplay mechanics and game features.
- Familiarity with game engines, especially Unreal Engine, and ability to work with engine-specific tools.
- A great knowledge of games and an excellent understanding of what makes them work
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- Develop the studios approach to combat by building upon and refining the project core systems.
- Pitch, prototype, implement, balance and ship a wide variety of enemy archetypes and/or bosses.
- Implement character combat behaviours using Unreal features such as behaviour trees, animation graphs and blueprints.
- Adjust engagement interactions at a detailed level, including animation timings and interactive zones.
- Collaborate cross departmentally to ensure high-quality results.
- Work closely to align opponent interactions with overall progression mechanics (tool progression, stat metrics, character setups).
- Provide technical teams with detailed technical requirements and work together for desired feature outcomes.
- Collaborate with management and project leads to ensure tasks align with resources and timelines.
- Address challenges, employ rapid prototypes, and offer multiple solutions focusing on end-user experience.
- Design basic interactive environments to relay design ideas to other teams, aiding in collaboration and target achievement.
- Use results from user-tests, targeted reviews, and internal trials to evaluate project progress and quality.
- Offer feedback and suggest ways to elevate current or future project quality.
- Competitive salary, holidays, and social events.
- Inclusive and supportive work environment.
- Flexible work hours and remote work option.
- Annual discretionary bonus.
- Company perks such as free games.
- Opportunities for growth and learning in the gaming industry.
- Equal opportunities employer with commitment to diversity
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214427!