A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Job Purpose: The Commercial Manager will be responsible for supporting the Platform Partnerships Lead to deliver Jagex’s commercial strategy (forecasting, data analysis and account management) with external storefronts and platform (console, mobile, PC etc) partners. This role is key in helping Jagex bring new titles to market and support the lifecycle of the existing portfolio to maximize revenue and deliver against other key KPIs.Key Duties Include:
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to help deliver the commercial strategy for Jagex’s portfolio with storefront and platform (console, PC and mobile) partners
- Help deliver revenue targets across platform & storefront platforms for all Jagex portfolio titles by helping identify and secure smart featuring and promotional opportunities
- Maximize revenue & promotional opportunities using a data driven approach, using learnings from previous activity to inform future recommendations
- Report on platform & storefront revenue performance, portfolio performance and promotion/feature impact to key stakeholders
- Work with key stakeholders and teams to deliver forecasts for new & potential titles with varying revenue models (Premium, free to play, freemium)
- Support the Platform Partnerships lead in reviewing market trends & analyzing data to identify opportunities for growth on new platforms & storefronts for the Jagex portfolio
- Work with storefront operations to ensure all relevant assets/requirements are on-track for featuring and promotions
- Represent the team in key meetings with cross-functional teams, communicating plans and actioning assigned tasks
- Support the Platform Partnerships Lead on day-to-day account management of platform & storefront partners
- Represent Jagex at trade shows throughout the year
- Support in ad-hoc projects from time-to-time
- Strong data, analytics and forecasting skills
- Proven experience in Business Development / Commercial Strategy or Account Management preferably within the Entertainment or Videogames industry
- Preferred experience working with console, PC and / or mobile partners on portfolio & lifecycle management
- Self-starter, confident managing own workload and operating autonomously
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate/advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.