The Portfolio Community Manager at Jagex Partners will be the driving force, managing our outsourced Social and Community teams, to execute community-focused campaigns, designed to empower and engage our players across multiple communication touchpoints, from news posts to social media, and content creation. They will represent our players’ collective voice to the wider Development and Publishing teams, and represent Jagex to our player-base, aiming to grow and nurture online communities of diverse types of players across the ever-widening range of community-driven games created by talented developers and published by JagexMain Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for nurturing and growing communities across the range of Jagex Partners games.
- Own the creation, development, and management of compelling in-game and real-world campaigns across a variety of game genres; utilising cross-team collaboration, engagement strategies, and project management to connect staff, players, and communities.
- Establish effective benchmarks to guide campaign objectives and inform progress against community growth.
- Be familiar and confident across a variety of channels / platforms to effectively speak to our players, adjusting your style to match the tone of the game.
- Maintain a deep understanding of game content and Publishing activities to promote them to our player communities.
- Function as the champion of the player, representing and communicating for the studio to our players, and for the players to our studio’s.
- Monitor and report on community sentiment and engagement, to ensure key stakeholders have a clear understanding of player health.
- Assist the outsourced Community team on day-to-day tasks during key campaigns beats.
- Operate and manage Jagex’s community platforms including our titles forums and social media profiles.
- Attend events in the UK or internationally to represent Jagex and our games when required.
- Schedule, manage and feature in broadcasted media including livestreams, videos, and podcasts.
- Prior and relevant experience of community management or social media communications experience.
- Some experience managing teams / agencies.
- Strong knowledge of games across genres and formats.
- Experience and practical knowledge of all major social media and video distribution platforms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience and practical knowledge of live streaming and written content creation.
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.