Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 700 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
As part of our continued growth, we have an opportunity for a Compliance Officer to join our internal Operations team. The Compliance Officer will help ensure business compliance and best practice across areas including GDPR, video game accessibility requirements and online safety regulations. You will work closely with our Operations, Legal, Information Security, Publishing and Project teams to create and improve compliance frameworks and processes, striving to demonstrate excellent compliance standards.
Our Operations team is at the centre of the supporting functions in the business. As part of the Operations Team, your skills will supplement a fantastic group of experienced operational managers who are passionate about supporting our project teams to deliver amazing games.
- Audit existing compliance policies and processes to evaluate effectiveness and accuracy
- Monitor and measure compliance with policy, procedure, controls, legislation and regulation, and suggest remedial action when required to prevent future incidents
- Provide guidance and advice on regulatory and legislative compliance and investigation, ensuring best practice changes are made to policies and procedures across the business
- Keep on top of industry trends and best practice developments, and ensure legislative and regulatory changes are implemented
- Carry out risk and control assessments
- Drive compliance projects from start to finish whilst providing progress updates to wider teams
- Support people and departments with training to maintain company compliance and continuously improve working practices
- Balance and prioritise multiple work streams and organise workload and timelines
- Develop, analyse and interpret data and present information, in a clear and logical manner, to peers and senior managers
- Identify and resolve a wide variety of challenges, ranging from new externally driven issues, to departmental operations
- Strong knowledge of GDPR, CVAA, COPPA and other major codes & legislations
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively and adapt quickly to change
- Collaborative approach and experience in driving efficiency and best practice
- Previous experience in a compliance role
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Previous experience with risk management processes & best practices
- Previous experience with business continuity audits & improvements
- Previous experience in an operational or production role would be beneficial
- Experience in the games industry would be a bonus.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.