Savvy Games Studios (SGS) mission is to create world-leading game studios in Saudi Arabia, creating high-quality games for international audiences. Also, to help Saudi’s passionate gaming sector to develop homegrown IP and, more broadly, make KSA a global hub for gaming.
As part of the SGS team, you will work alongside the best global gaming talents who have relocated to Riyadh to be part of the ambitious group, and innovative, passionate, and hardworking Saudis.
SGS is seeking an experienced Creative / Game Design Director to drive the strategic vision of our future projects and carry it through its development. The Design Director will work closely with the different teams, from the early concepts to spotting entertainment trends and licensing opportunities to support the live operations of the game.
- Define the game’s vision and establish the foundations of the game (fun, meaning, experience, context, gameplay, and game pillars) in collaboration with the game team and in line with the strategic ambition.
- Collaborate with the Lead Producer, Leads, and Experts throughout the development to define the priorities in terms of gameplay, game design, economic design, and content.
- Define game design guidelines and follow the implementation of the features. Coordinate, review and evaluate gameplay implementations and create product requirements and design documents.
- Strong understanding of KPIs and ability to drive game design around KPIs.
- Design the long-term orientations of the live title, and ensure that the game's design starts with a Live product philosophy, capable of regular updates along with the support of the Lead Producer and the Lead LiveOps.
- Drive the design team through competitive benchmarks, market trends, best practices in the industry, and inspirational topics.
- Serve the team as an expert on competitive products and advocate for our core audience.
- Direct the work of the core team so that the project’s creative vision is included in all of the different aspects of production (artistic, design, UI/UX, and programming)
- Consistently validate the coherence and the quality of the game. Review the game regularly, providing hands-on feedback and eventually becoming instrumental in tuning the overall experience.
- Responsible and accountable for all design team's deliveries (quality of the delivery, deadline of the delivery).
- Regular(weekly) follow-up with the design team to ensure deliveries are on time as per the initial plan.
- Hire and provide mentorship for a team of game designers, including gameplay designers, level designers, economy designers, and user experience designers.
- Communicate and report to the Head of the division.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in game design or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience as a game designer (experience in supervising a creative team, a significant asset), content director, or equivalent, must have shipped over 5 games, including AAA titles on mobile or console.
- A leader who encourages team collaboration works well with stakeholders across.
- Expertise in Mobile and F2P.
- Experience in prototyping and shipping games with Unity or Unreal gaming engines and well-versed with the constraints.
- Extensive knowledge of Game Design principles and the gaming landscape.
- Experience in working with a range of devices from mobile to console.
- Knowledge of user acquisition landscape and strong understanding of market trends.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear documentation, making complex ideas clear, concise, and compelling.
- Passionate gamer with an eye for details.
- Attention to detail from both technical and artistic perspectives.
- Strong proactive problem-solving and intuitive development skills.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Fast and willing learner.
Relocation Assistance is offered