We are working with a well-known mobile game studio looking for a Data Engineer to join their studio in Barcelona. Your primary role is to prepare data for analytics and being responsible for building data pipelines to bring together information from different source systems.
What you will be doing:
- Work with your team to design and implement features and services for data analytics solutions
- Be responsible for designing and implementing scalable features that can handle 100K events per second
- Keep design choices well-documented and explained
- Identify best practises for data modelling
- Mentor and lead members of the Data Engineering team
- Implement pipelines that extract, transform and load data for product, analytics and operations uses
- Collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams on performance tuning, data quality and reliability
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role or similar
- 2+ years of programming or scripting experience e.g., Java, Python, PHP etc.
- 2+ years of experience in data warehouse services e.g., Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, BigQuery etc.
- 2+ years’ experience implementing large scale ETL architecture
- Excellent SQL skills
- Great understanding of best practises in data modelling
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for videogames and analytics
- Competitive salary with flexible working hours
- Great benefits including private medical insurance
- Relocation support offered, with the studio based in a beautiful and vibrant city
- Professional growth and training opportunities provided
- Free language lessons and latest technology offered
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference 2547.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.